|The Internal Audit Director is responsible for the development and oversight of scope, project management, execution and qualify of all corporate and store audits, including risk-based, compliance, and advisory projects; Sarbanes-Oxley oversight, including scoping, documentation, and testing execution; development and ongoing facilitation of a partnership with external auditors, as well as key Business Unit leaders; management and mentoring of Internal Audit associates, including engagement and training/development; using strategic planning skills to respond to a changing business environment; and evaluating and analyzing key financial reporting metrics relevant to the Company's success.|
• Works with the Vice President, Internal Audit and other Audit Management team members to develop and complete the enterprise-wide risk assessment, ensuring the approach is based on company strategy, stakeholder insights, and current industry best practices
• Continually reviews and develops the audit plan and approach for both coprate and store audit programs, based on changes to the macro-economic environment, the Company's strategy, department goals
• Ensures the Internal Audit staff is trained on audit standards, Sears Holdings procedures, and technical skills required for their positions
• Partners with key business unit leadership throughout the organization to develop and drive audit planning and development, including participation, when appropriate, on various steering committees for strategic initiatives
• Partners with external audit function to ensure proper coverage and minimal duplication of efforts and resources
• Directly manages and develops a management team of 3-5 Internal Audit Managers as well as 1-2 Audit Project Leads.
• Indirectly manages the broader internal audit team of staff and senior auditors.
• Advocates for extensive use of data analytics and fraud risk assessment in the internal audit plan's various projects
• Responsible for ensuring timely audit project execution through use of project planning as well as efficient deployment of resources to projects in order to achive success and control costs.
• Communicates with the Vice-President of Internal Audit on a timely basis to provide progress of audit project status & activity as well as management action plans for issue resolution.
• Provides a secondary review of audit report communications, memos, and other relevant working papers, when needed.
• Leads audit projects, as requested, by the Vice-President, Internal Audit
• Works with the Vice President, Internal Audit to develop methodologies for the development and retention as well as engagement of internal audit staff.
• Assess performance of the Internal Audit team
• Works with the Vice President, Internal Audit, to recruit audit staff, including interviewing
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, or related field (Masters Degree preferred in Accounting or Finance related field)
• Minimum ten years' experience in retail audit, or related field
• Ability to be self-directed
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Willingness and ability to travel 25-50%, both domestically or internationally
• Strong working knowledge with the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Lync, Access, Outlook, and Microsoft Explorer
• Professional credentials (i.e., CIA, CFE, CISA, CPA), or other advanced degree preferred
• Strong knowledge of and experience with working paper database and scheduling tool (i.e., TeamMate)
• Proficiency in Business Process Mapping
• Accounting experience preferred from a mid-tier or Big Four firm, including experience with SEC registrants
• Experience leading and organizing high performance work teams
• Strong Command of US GAAP, SOx, and business process analysis
• Highly motivated, innovative thinker (self-starter)
• Knowledge of external business and economic developments, as well as understand the Company's industry and related control risks